Saturday, November 25, 2017

Evergreen Christmas Card

Every year, I make Christmas cards for my family and friends. I've been doing this for about 25 years with this year being no exception. My cards for this year are almost done but I am not going to post photo`s of them until after I send them out to everyone so the surprise isn't spoiled! haha

But I want to post them! So to appease myself I'll post a couple of cards I've done in the past. Each card will be in a separate post to make it easier to find them later.

Here's the first one:
 
I can't remember which year I made and sent this card. I wish I had kept track of my cards over the years in a small album so I could have a record and so I could see how I improved over time. Hmmm, I might have to try and make that happen.

Anyway, I think I made this card around 2011, 2012, 2013....sometime in there.
Supplies:
SU! Evergreen stamp set
SU! Perfect Polkadots embossing folder
SU! Hunter ink pad
SU! Old Olive ink pad
SU! gold embossing powder (star and Merry Christmas sentiment)
Fiskars paper edgers
Bazzill hunter green card stock
Gold card stock
White card stock
1/4" cream ribbon
Decorative corner punch (inside card)
Cream paper (inside card)



Tip: I couldn't find a decorative paper that I liked to mat the tree on so I took the Old Olive ink pad directly to the paper and created the mottled look I wanted.


I love the layering of the lyrics to Silent Night over the outline of the tree. This is one of my favorite SU! sets.


No comments:

Post a Comment