Sunday, November 19, 2017

Harvest Blessings Card

I have a drawer in my craft room that is full of card parts. Fronts, bases, embellishments and other pieces that for whatever reason haven't been made into a card.


 I've been trying to work through this drawer as I have time and make these pieces into useful cards.


One of the things in this drawer are some Thanksgiving cut outs my friend, Laurie,  cut on her Cricut last year that I was supposed to use on a card and never did.

Well, this year, we were poking around in her Cricut files for die cuts for a different project and found one labeled Harvest Blessings. She cut it out in black and also cut out an orange background for it. She decided she didn't want to use it so she gave it to me where it's been sitting on my desk for a month now.


Finally, last night I decided I would make something out of it. This motivation may, or may not, have anything to do with the fact that I am going to her house on Wednesday and she may, or may not, ask me if I ever made anything out of that die cut. lol.
So I rummaged through the drawer of card parts and came across those cut outs from last year and some Fall themed paper and this is the result:

I even colored the pieces from last year with my Spectrum Noir markers that I am learning to use (note the shading on the turkey!).
I am going to take this with me and show Laurie. I'm sure she'll be impressed! ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment